Updates for Team Members
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 256.9585.
For press inquiries, call (847) 868.5930.
As we navigate through these unprecedented times, we want you to know that we’re here for you. Mather’s most important priority is to protect residents and staff.
We will communicate new information regularly as it becomes available. Here you will find resources, updates, and more—check back to this page often. If you have questions, please ask your supervisor, executive director, or HR representative.
July 31, 2020
We wanted to provide you with a follow-up to our last communication on July 27, 2020, when we reported that an employee tested positive for COVID-19, and to specifically address testing for employees of Mather Place.
In addition to continuing strong infection control protocols, we have secured testing for employees of Mather Place through a private laboratory. We plan to test all employees at Mather Place in light of the recent positive case.
- We will begin testing employees Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday August 5. A specific schedule will be made available to you soon. The schedule will be posted in the EMI Zone and your manager can provide you with extra consent forms. If you need to come in on your time off in order to be tested, you will be paid two hours of time. We will try to do as many employee tests as possible during scheduled working time.
Process for Testing:
- Please review and complete the attached CONSENT AND AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION and INPUT FORM FOR ACUTIS PORTAL and bring it with you to the testing location.
- The test will be administered in a private location on property by a medical professional in a manner to protect your privacy. The test involves a quick swab of each of your nasal passages, for 10 seconds in each nostril. This may cause some slight discomfort or cause your eyes to tear.
- Your test will be sent to the lab for processing.
- The results of your test will be sent in 24 to 72 hours to an authorized Human Resources representative. A Human Resources representative will inform you of your results as soon as possible after they are posted, and if needed, any next steps you will need to take.
As the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) communicates, we know that any time we perform testing there maybe cases of COVID-19 identified. We share your concerns about the potential new cases and have prepared response plans in anticipation of an increased number of positive cases among employees.
Mather Place follows guidance from the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for employees who test positive or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms. Employees who test positive will be asked to contact their physicians, isolate at home, and monitor their symptoms. In order to return to work, employees must be free of symptoms, defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) for at least 72 hours and it has been at least 10 days after the test results. A Human Resources representative will be in communication with all employees who test positive while they are isolating and will determine dates that employees can return to work.
Please remember that a negative test result only reflects health status at that point in time. It’s very important that we continue to practice safe measures outside of work such as social distancing (no closer than 6 feet and for no longer than 15 minutes), frequent hand-washing, staying away from groups of 10 or more people, wearing masks, and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces in our homes. Here at Mather Place, we continue our protocols of health and temperature screening of employees, infection control measures, and deep cleaning measures.
Mather Place has been very proactive and transparent regarding its actions and plans relating to COVID-19 and will continue to update employees frequently, or each subsequent time a confirmed infection of COVID-19 is identified.
COVID-19 Update: July 28, 2020
COVID-19 Update: June 5, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 20, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 14, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 6, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 5, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 27, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 22, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 15, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 7, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 4, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 31, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 29, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 23, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 12, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 10, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 3, 2020