A LOCATION TO LOVE
EXPLORE THE NORTH SHORE
Mather Place is nestled in a quiet, picturesque residential setting in Wilmette, with walking paths and a protected courtyard—and easy access to shopping, restaurants, the theater, and more. With our convenient Wilmette location, you can easily explore the North Shore—and you can even leave the driving to us! Reserve our driver and sedan or join scheduled shuttle-bus trips. Or drive yourself—we offer indoor or covered parking.
Known for its sparkling lakefront and tree-lined streets, Wilmette is a charming North Shore suburb that boasts a peaceful, family-oriented way of life and a thriving local business community. Take advantage of all the beauty and culture you’ll discover just beyond your doorstep.
DISCOVER A LOCAL TREASURE
Discover the Chicago Botanic Garden, a lush, local treasure and the area’s favorite year-round destination for appreciating nature (located in nearby Glencoe)—plus classes, tours, and special events for all ages.
SHOP TO YOUR HEART’S DESIRE
The Westfield Old Orchard Shopping Center, a few blocks away, is the area’s preferred shopping destination, and features a wide assortment of outstanding retail, dining, and entertainment options to please every taste.
ENJOY THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT
A cultural gem of the North Shore since 1904, the Ravinia Festival in Highland Park attracts about 600,000 listeners to some 120 to 150 events that span all genres from classical music to jazz to musical theater every June through September. Perfect for a picnic under the summer stars!
PLENTIFUL LOCAL ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
Wilmette is not only a picturesque place to call home. It’s also home to many local attractions and events.
- The North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie is a popular, dynamic, two-theater complex on Chicago’s North Shore. Home to Northlight Theatre and Skokie Valley Symphony Orchestra, it offers a diverse event calendar, and is conveniently located near Mather Place.
- The Wilmette Theatre offers top-quality first-run and art films, plus a variety of live theater, concerts, comedy, and kids’ shows.
- The Century 12 Evanston/CinéArts 6 and XD Movie Theatre in nearby Evanston is another great movie destination—and there are also many nearby restaurants.
- The Wilmette Public Library hosts a variety of events to appeal to your inner book lover, as well as events suitable for your grandkids.
- The Evanston Art Center in nearby Evanston offers an assortment of classes, exhibitions, and events to satisfy your creative passions.
AROUND THE NORTH SHORE
We’re conveniently located close to many valuable resources around the North Shore!
- Sophia Steak, Wilmette(2.3 mi.)
- Pescadero, Wilmette(2.2 mi.)
- Valley Lodge, Wilmette and Glenview(2.2 mi. and 4.5 mi.)
- Pit & Tap, Wilmette(2.2 mi.)
- Napolita, Wilmette(2.3 mi.)
- The Bottle Shop, Wilmette(2.3 mi.)
- Bar Siena(0.9 mi.)
- EJ’s Place(0.3 mi.)
- Maggiano’s(0.5 mi.)
- The Cheesecake Factory(0.5 mi.)
- Jameson’s Charhouse(0.8 mi.)
- Hackney’s on Harms(2.3 mi.)
- Boutique shopping in downtown Wilmette(1.3 mi.)
- Plaza del Lago, Wilmette(3.1 mi.)
- Eden’s Plaza, Wilmette(1.4 mi.)
- Central Street Corridor, Evanston(2.3 mi.)
- Old Orchard Shopping Center(0.5 mi.)
- Jewel Osco(1.0 mi.)
- Mariano’s(2.1 mi.)
- Walgreens(2.7 mi.)
- CVS(2.8 mi.)
- Trader Joe’s(3.5 mi.)
Discover life at Mather Place
with photos, floor plans, and more
- Get an inside look at our independent living community
- Review the monthly cost calculator
- Explore our floor plans
Upon submission, you will instantly receive the guide and get a copy in your email.