IT’S WHAT WE DO.
OUR GUIDING PHILOSOPHY
Wellness looks different to everyone. Some find bliss listening to the birds and connecting with nature during a walk. Some rejuvenate through the peaceful practice of yoga or meditation, while others enjoy swimming laps. Or maybe it’s just reading a book in a quiet spot. At Mather Place, residents have a wide spectrum of options to fulfill their wellness needs.
WE CALL IT CONTINUWELL™
As part of Mather’s commitment to continued innovation, we’ve created an evolved approach to whole-person wellness, one that’s backed by scientific research. It’s called ContinuWell™, and it’s our guiding philosophy to providing individualized wellness and wellness services.
MIND, BODY & SOUL
True wellness goes beyond a person’s physical health. Numerous factors, such as emotional health, intellectual stimulation, environmental influences, social engagement, and spirituality are among the pieces that make up whole-person well-being. Those elements are what we provide through our offerings.
ONE HOLISTIC APPROACH
Based on Mather Institute’s unique Person-Centric Wellness Model, the framework of ContinuWell™ takes into account how the empowering drivers of autonomy, achievement, and affiliation work hand in hand to deliver a full spectrum of fulfillment. Together, these factors provide you the ability to achieve your desired potential and aspirations.
LIVE YOUR POSSIBILITIES
At Mather Place, there is a vast array of possibilities for your wellness journey, whatever that may be. Some options include:
- immersing yourself in a good book in our outdoor courtyard
- adding your voice to a discussion group on art, history, and more
- taking fitness classes that focus on balance, strength, and cardiovascular health
- learning something new—or teaching—in resident-led presentations
- enjoying outdoor wellness experiences such as garden walks
- relaxing with a class in yoga or meditation
- connecting with friends over a card game
- creating a new art form in our Open Art Studio
Each person’s wellness journey is unique
This important evolution in our approach to wellness considers the many factors that contribute to a person’s quality of life on three levels:
Achieving individual wellness starts with straight ‘A’s
While each person’s wellness is unique to their life experiences and influences, research has identified three contributing drivers within this model that play a significant role.
Discover life at Mather Place
with photos, floor plans, and more
- Get an inside look at our independent living community
- Review the monthly cost calculator
- Explore our floor plans
Upon submission, you will instantly receive the guide and get a copy in your email.