Updates for Residents & Family Members
Direct questions to email@example.com or call (847) 256.9585.
For press inquiries, call (847) 868.5930.
July 1, 2020
We have no new cases of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Mather Place.
As more and more states begin to open up and ease restrictions, we are aware of the dramatic spike in cases in many states. While we are pleased to be easing restrictions and with our progress at Mather Place, we must remain vigilant. Using the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, we continue to educate employees and residents with the recommendations for minimizing the spread of the virus. This includes:
- Adhere to face covering requirements. Keeping your nose and mouth covered around the community and when outside of your apartment.
- Maintain physical distancing. Keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Discard the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Stay home when you are sick. Prevent spreading illness to others.
ANNOUNCING NEW INFORMATION
FRESH AIR AND WALKING THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- Residents can enjoy walks through the neighborhood for exercise and/or to connect with family members.
- We ask that all individuals wear a mask or face covering and maintain proper physical distancing.
- Please do not enter private homes or other businesses at this time.
GROCERY STORE VISITS DURING DESIGNATED TIMES:
Residents who are interested in going to local grocery stores are encouraged to visit the following stores during designated hours for older adults:
Jewel: Tuesday and Thursday between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m.
Trader Joe’s: Daily from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
Transportation options to the grocery store include:
- Your Vehicle: You can drive yourself and also one resident. We ask the second individual sit in the back seat and wear a mask or face covering.
- Family Member: You may drive with a family member to the grocery store. We ask you sit in the back seat and all individuals wear a mask or face covering.
- Our Bus: Residents may make an appointment to be driven to the grocery store Monday through Saturday from 7:45-9:00 a.m.
- We are using the bus and transporting two residents at a time.
- You may also visit Walgreens in Wilmette at 9:00 a.m. when the store opens.
We ask that you wash hands or use hand sanitizer before you leave and when you return from the store, wear a mask or face covering, and maintain physical distancing.
AL FRESCO DINING COMING SOON
Enjoy Al Fresco dining on the Courtyard with a fellow resident neighbor starting Tuesday, July 7.We will offer lunch and dinner on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. Seating’s are currently limited to two people per table (10 people maximum in the Courtyard) and reservations are required. Please call (847) 256.8576 to make a reservation.
Mather continues to practice strong infection control to minimize the spread of the virus. Our practices and protocols allow us to control our environment within Mather Place and help to protect both residents and team members from being exposed to the virus. When you leave the community or have visitors, you put yourself at risk and, in turn the health of others, as asymptomatic people can unknowingly spread the virus. Please continue to be vigilant and when in the company of others, be outdoors and ensure that individuals also wear a mask. There is more evidence to suggest wearing a face covering or mask and practicing physical distancing helps minimize the transmission of the virus.
Wishing you and your families a happy Independence Day. Let us celebrate the heroes to whom we owe our freedom, peace, and happiness. Happy 4th of July to you.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should contact your physician for guidance, stay in your home, and notify the Concierge at (847) 256.9300. Symptoms include a loss of taste or smell, cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, and gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. Newer symptoms recently added include headache, chills, and muscle pain. Please note that pink eye, eye pain, or vertigo, as well as discoloration of the toes may also be COVID-19 symptoms.
COVID-19 Update: June 22, 2020
COVID-19 Update: June 12, 2020
COVID-19 Update: June 5, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 30, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 22, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 8, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 6, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 5, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 1, 2020.
COVID-19 Update: April 28, 2020
COVID-19 Update and Fresh Air Plan: April 24, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 22, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 17, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 15, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 10, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 7, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 4, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 31, 2020.
COVID-19 FAQs: March 31, 2020.
COVID-19 Update: March 29, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 27, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 17, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 14, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 12, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 9, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 3, 2020